Financial Planning Services
No matter where you are in your life’s journey, TEG Retirement & Advisory Services is here to help you get on track to wherever you want to go.
Accumulate retirement assets
Establish a base of insurance protection
Create an estate and retirement income plan
Let’s Make a Plan
Whether you’re just starting out, nearing retirement, or somewhere in between, it’s important to have a clear plan to pursue your goals. Our Advisors will work with you to develop a personalized financial plan that reflects your goals, time horizon, and tolerance for risk to strive to ensure that you have the income and protection you need.
- No-cost second opinion on your current financial plan
- Development of new investment and insurance strategies
- Management and adjustment of your plan to fit changing needs
Remember: you’re never obligated to make any investments with TEG Retirement and Advisory Services. As we strive to uphold a fiduciary standard, Jean Riordan, our CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ works hard to give you the comprehensive advice possible, but you are ultimately in full control of your finances.
How It Works
- When we first meet with you, we’ll give you an introduction to our approach to wealth management and discuss your philosophy toward money. You’ll share your greatest desires, biggest challenges, and your definition of an ideal future.
- From there, we’ll conduct an in-depth review of your present situation and help you define your short, intermediate, and long-term goals.
- Finally, we’ll present a summary of planning observations and the services to be provided.
Meet Our Team
We know how imperative it is for your financial health to have a relationship with a financial advisor that you trust. TEG's Investment Advisors are employees of your trustworthy credit union. They are independent financial planners with no proprietary products who build relationships by taking a comprehensive approach to finding personalized solutions. We work for you and you alone!
Jean K. RiordanVice President of Retirement & Advisory Services, CFP®, MBA, ChFC, CLTC
- phone: 845-452-7323 x1222
- Commerce Street Location
- Jean has over 25 years of experience providing financial advisement and wealth management services to a wide variety of clients. She holds a B.S. in Finance from University at Albany - SUNY and a Masters in Business Administration from Iona College. Jean has also completed a series of courses in financial planning at the City University of New York at Baruch. Jean has completed extensive training to become a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). CFP® professionals are held to the highest ethical and educational standards. Jean is also a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC). She holds FINRA license Series 7 and 24 held with LPL Financial and NYS Life, Health, Variable Annuity and Property & Casualty insurance licenses. She is also a Certified Long Term Care Consultant (CLTC) and NY Partnership licensed. Jean is authorized to prepare federal tax returns (PTIN holder). In addition, TEG is a Preferred Provider for Omni 403B services to our local public school employees. She is a registered representative of LPL Financial, and offers advisory services through LEXCO Wealth Management, Inc. Jean has received the Hudson Valley Magazine Five Star Wealth Manager Award* (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and was named the 2016 Face of Retirement Planning. She resides in Poughkeepsie, NY, with her husband and three children.
- Phone: 845.452.7323 X1909
- Crystal Run Location
- Whether you want to protect your lifestyle or plan for a successful retirement, you need a professional financial planner. Tom Ammons’ depth of experience gives him superior knowledge to recommend dynamic strategies. Tom’s mission is to help individuals improve their lives by developing common sense financial strategies that create a future they want. His number one priority is to help individuals, pre-retirees, active seniors, businesses, and families pursue their goals. With over 30 years of diversified financial experience, Tom is capable of assisting his clients with an array of complex financial issues. Along with his experience, he has a solid set of credentials and licenses: Certified Public Accountant, Personal Financial Specialist, Series 7 & 63 registrations held through LPL Financial, Life & Health, Property & Casualty, Long-term Care and Medicare certifications. Tom has received tremendous satisfaction from serving his long list of volunteer organizations over the years. He has given back to the Orange County Community through several leadership roles at local organizations like the Monroe-Woodbury Rotary Club, Alzheimer's Association's, Elant, Inc., and the Orange County Arts Council. Tom has been recognized by the American Institute of CPAs as a volunteer who assisted families affected by the 9/11 tragedy. Of course, he measures his true success as having built a long successful marriage and family. Tom is constantly accused of being a nice guy. As a result, he decided to create his own designation: CNG (Certified Nice Guy).
Karen LevriniFinancial Services Coordinator to Jean Riordan
- Karen manages of all the operational functions for the TEG Retirement and Advisory Services business, including daily processing, scheduling, and personal client contact. Karen has superior organizational and administrative management skills, developed over 10 years of additional experience in a variety of support roles in the Hudson Valley. She is the recipient of a TEG Above & Beyond Award for providing outstanding service to TEG members and truly understands the importance and value of member service. Karen and her husband currently reside in Wappingers Falls, NY.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC).
Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Financial planning offered through LEXCO Wealth Management, Inc., a registered investment advisor and separate entity from LPL Financial.
TEG Federal Credit Union and TEG Retirement & Advisory Services are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using TEG Retirement & Advisory Services, and may also be employees of TEG Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, TEG Federal Credit Union or TEG Retirement & Advisory Services. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates.
Our Retirement and Advisory Services Advisors are available to meet at our Commerce Street (Poughkeepsie) or Route 9 (Wappingers Falls) locations.
*Five Star Professional, is an independent and unrelated company from TEG Retirement and Advisory Services and LPL Financial, who administers surveys and screens award candidates against ten objective criteria. Award is not based on current or future investment performance. For more information visit www.fivestarprofessional.com