Student Scholarships Available
We’re ready to support the future generations of our communities. Our scholarship program is an investment in our future, as well as yours. With a solid education we can all make a difference.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a 2021 Joyce A. Betros Scholarship Application, the program is now closed.
Congratulations to our winners: Gabriella Faircloth and Madison Hoffmann from John Jay Senior High School and Eva Cassidy from Arlington High School.
Students have a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship from TEG to help with their college education expenses.
The TEG Joyce A. Betros Scholarship will be awarded to three high school seniors who have demonstrated high academic excellence and community service throughout their high school careers. The scholarships will be given to students who are TEG members or whose parents/guardians are members in good standing. All applicants must be graduating in 2021 and preparing to attend an institution of higher learning in the fall 2021 semester. The scholarship is a one-time gift made payable to the student upon verification of registration at the chosen college or university.
The scholarship is named in honor of Joyce A. Betros, one of the founding members of the TEG Board of Directors and its scholarship program. Ms. Betros, a dedicated educator, spent 37 years as a teacher in the Wappingers Central School District. She retired from the TEG Board of Directors in April 2012 after 43 years of service.
All Applicants Must Submit:
- – A completed TEGFCU scholarship application.
- – A non-generic essay focused on this specific scholarship
- – One letter of recommendation
- – High School transcript
- – You may also submit a resume if desired, but it is not required
- – Applications and all documents must be RECEIVED May 1, 2021
- – You may submit your completed application and documents by email to email@example.com
- or mail to: TEG Federal Credit Union at 1 Commerce Street Poughkeepsie, NY 12603 Attn:Marketing